[ Home ]

[ Forums ]

[ Links ]

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Kindly note that you need to register and/or be logged in to post messages and replies. This will only take a moment, so please do so today. This step has been made necessary to prevent automated spam message posting. Self registration has been disabled, please send an e-mail to mg@maltagardening.com with your desired username/password, and email address, and your account will be set up promptly. November 14, 2018, 01:06:05 AM
[ Home :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register ]

+  Malta Gardening.com
|-+  Malta Gardening Forums
| |-+  Ornamental Trees, Shrubs and Perennial Plants
| | |-+  Pinus pinaster
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pinus pinaster  (Read 1518 times)
bond
Tamarisk

View Profile
Pinus pinaster
« on: October 17, 2014, 19:14:48 PM »

Helloe everyone!

I read somewhere that the cluster pine (pinus pinaster) grows in Malta, however it is introduced.  I have seen many of these beautiful pines on my trips in Galicia, and I never managed to spot one here.

Is this information correct? And if not, does this pine grow well here? As I have obtained some seeds and wish to germinate them successfully Smiley

Thank you!
MG
Administrator
Araucaria

View Profile WWW
Re: Pinus pinaster
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 13:24:38 PM »

Pines tend to be tricky to ID, they are often very similar to related species. Could well be that this species is found here. I have no doubt that it would do well anyway. Now is as good a time as any to sow.

MG

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length