[ Home ]

[ Forums ]

[ Links ]

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Kindly note that you need to register and/or be logged in to post messages and replies. This will only take a moment, so please do so today. This step has been made necessary to prevent automated spam message posting. Self registration has been disabled, please send an e-mail to mg@maltagardening.com with your desired username/password, and email address, and your account will be set up promptly. November 14, 2018, 01:07:02 AM
[ Home :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register ]

+  Malta Gardening.com
|-+  Malta Gardening Forums
| |-+  Ornamental Trees, Shrubs and Perennial Plants
| | |-+  araucaria
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: araucaria  (Read 1577 times)
pabant
Sunflower

View Profile
araucaria
« on: April 14, 2010, 15:04:10 PM »

hello

we have an araucaria in a pot that is maybe 2m tall, and we really wish to plant it in our front or back garden but we are afraid that as we sometimes hear, its roots can really damage the house etc.

any advice?  i tried to find some information on the net but i did not manage. how far away should it be planted?

thanks and really appreciate, this is my first time here, but it wont be the last as we are at the very begining of planting a new garden

MG
Administrator
Araucaria

View Profile WWW
Re: araucaria
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 16:05:20 PM »

Tough one this, better off asking someone who DOES have one in his/her front garden - but judging by the number of people who do, and have not taken them out, possibly it's not so bad after all.

But either way as you know these trees grow large - very large and their suitability for gardens that are less than ample is debatable.

MG

pabant
Sunflower

View Profile
Re: araucaria
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »

thanks for your advice, infact i have taken a look at a front garden which has one about 3 stories high, and it doesnt seem it is doing any harm.  i really don't know what to do.

maybe anyone who has one in his front garden can advice me better

thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length