[ Home ]

[ Forums ]

[ Links ]

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Kindly note that you need to register and/or be logged in to post messages and replies. This will only take a moment, so please do so today. This step has been made necessary to prevent automated spam message posting. Self registration has been disabled, please send an e-mail to mg@maltagardening.com with your desired username/password, and email address, and your account will be set up promptly. July 23, 2018, 02:19:23 AM
[ Home :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register ]

+  Malta Gardening.com
|-+  Malta Gardening Forums
| |-+  Ornamental Trees, Shrubs and Perennial Plants
| | |-+  the succulent type creeper familiarily known as tax-xema
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: the succulent type creeper familiarily known as tax-xema  (Read 2074 times)
eugenie
Geranium

View Profile
the succulent type creeper familiarily known as tax-xema
« on: July 10, 2009, 17:07:16 PM »

I have a healthy cutting of the above plant. The original cutting was first taken to Ontario Canada, grown indoors and flourished producinglovely flowers annually.
My brother in law took a cutting and he grew his indoors too in Toronto, but it did not flower even after a few years.
I took  a cutting from his, brought it to Arizona and started it indoors for a year.  This spring I planted it outside, facing eastwards and south, and protected from the fierce Arizona summer heat by a wide column.  It is doing very well, has produced new shoots and leaves but no sign of budding or flowers.  I have had this plant for nearly two years now and was wondering if you could tell me why it does not flower. Does it need pollinating or grafting.

I love this flower and would like my plant to bloom.  Any advice?
Thanks,
Eugenie,   from Arizona.
MG
Administrator
Araucaria

View Profile WWW
Re: the succulent type creeper familiarily known as tax-xema
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 19:25:09 PM »

If it's Hoya carnosa you refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wax-plant

Keep it out of scorching midday summer sun, which will yellow the leaves, but it still needs plenty of bright light.

If it's growing well, flowers will come! Interestingly the Wiki article mentions: "Do not remove the leafless spurs or stubs, on which new flowers appear every year..."

Maybe you have been giving it too much attention?

MG

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length